Generac Power Systems – Work with the leader in the power industry! Generac is seeking a Production Supervisor at our Whitewater, WI facility.
The Production Supervisor works with the team on resolving assembly issues to make for an efficient quality process. This role is responsible for troubleshooting manufacturing issues, facilitating continuous process improvements, managing daily order execution and workforce flexibility, onboarding new employees. Additionally, this role manages productivity and efficiency, sequencing, process adherence, and training and development in production. This position also drives ongoing improvements in driving quality (FPY), Safety (DART), productivity and efficiency
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct the department to ensure safe, timely, and efficient completion of manufacturing schedules and communicate daily activities between shifts.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of assigned production employees.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting and analyzing production, performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Assuring all department personnel are adhering to company policies and procedures. Completes safety, productivity, and policy reports regularly.
- Manages performance—recognizing achievement, providing feedback and administering progressive discipline when necessary.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 2 years of leadership experience in an operational environment.
- Previous experience using SAP or equivalent ERP system (Oracle, JD Edwards, Microsoft Dynamics) and Microsoft Office.
- Formal leadership or team development training.
- Experience in Lean or Demand Flow principles.
- Key member and driver of a lean manufacturing environment driving continuous improvement activities relating to safety, quality, productivity, delivery, and inventory.
- Interviewing, selecting, and coordinating orientation activities for all new employees.
- Ability to maintain a clean and orderly work environment and maintain compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Developing and maintaining a workforce to meet capacity plans. Work with other departments to manage parts flow.
- Effective communication skills and ability to resolve conflict on the shop floor.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hands to manipulate objects, tools or controls; and talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to walk; stoop; crouch; bend and reach above shoulders. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 100 pounds with assistance, waist high, up to 10 feet away. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be working in the typical conditions of a manufacturing environment including seasonal variation in temperatures and occasional exposure to manufacturing fumes or by-products. The employee must comply with the assigned location PPE requirements including but not limited to safety glasses, hearing protection, appropriate gloves, clothing and shields for required tasks and closed toed or safety shoes as required by facility safety policies.
Generac Power Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.